- RT @hayleymmuir: When @jimmyfallon had Trump on and tussled up his hair real cute I stopped watching his show. #WhyIQuit 1 day ago
- RT @derekbeaulieu: I invite sound & musical responses to my "a, A Novel" (@jeanboitedition, 2017): derekbeaulieu.wordpress.com/2016/02/06/an-… 4 days ago
- RT @arvind_magesan: The lines connecting the rebel to #Charlotesville are clear. Yes, the same rebel that @jkenney does interviews with. #a… 5 days ago
- There's literally one of these for everything. twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 1 week ago
- Next time I teach undergrad game theory, I may use Three Body Problem (& sequels) by @liu_cixin All concepts are there in fascinating ways 1 week ago
- 1,652 hits
Category Archives: bass
Way back in 2008, I listened to a podcast from Contrabass Conversations featuring Steve Rodby talking about gear issues faced by double bassists playing with amplification. One of the things he discussed at length was the problems with impedance faced … Continue reading
Over the last 2 years, I’ve had to ship a bass three times. Most recently to go to Stanford and New York. In the past I had used David Gage bass trunks, older model borrowed from friends. However, last year, … Continue reading
A lot of rockabilly players stand on their basses, or put their basses over them, or play with their feet. The list of tricks goes on and on. But this is a real stunt!
Matt Heller (double bassist for the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra) was on Contrabass Conversations recently discussing the ISB convention.
I recently made an airline trip with my bass in my new Tuff-Lite bass trunk. Overall, the trip was pretty easy (surprisingly). Everyone was nice and my bass was well-cared for by the baggage and airline folks. I’ve included a … Continue reading
I just came back from the Stanford Jazz Workshop. At the sessions, bassist Ray Drummond gave out a list of the core 50 songs every bassist (and other instrumentalists) should know. Here it is for those interested. 1. I can’t … Continue reading