Last term, I taught Economics 349 “The Economics of Social Problems.” In that class we discuss a host of topics, including the inter-relation between stress and addictions (and how these relations are potentially magnified among the poor). Today’s episode of Democracy Now features Dr. Gabor Mate discussing many of these issues. Dr. Mate is best know for his research and books on the relationship between physical and mental health.
- Sick of the 24 Trump-o-sphere of noise? Come drink and dance as I make noise with the Du Rite Aces at @bluescanyyc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @NikkiReimer: They’re talking to folks on the street about plastic straw alternatives on @CBCEyeopener but they didn’t talk to any disab… 1 day ago
- @nhotte A musical version of the conclusions in this paper: youtube.com/watch?v=PjCgIo… 2 days ago
- @nhotte I’m going to break out my Surf Punks record and read this article. 2 days ago
- RT @inducedcoma: Remember the good old days, when all Canadians were focused on a drunk, bumbling crackhead politician who showed up at fas… 2 days ago
- 1,681 hits