As a parent of someone with special needs, I always have some trouble with the use of the word retard or retarded, regardless of the context. My friends know this and avoid use of the word.
The Special Olympics has launched a campaign to eliminate the use of the word. I encourage everyone to pledge on their website: R-word.org.
- RT @lukasneville: @roboxoby "Hey, that's not the wallet inspector!" youtu.be/Ttgcu01Ffwo 49 minutes ago
- Never let a stranger "borrow your phone to look something up." 2 hours ago
- "A more likely and more uncomfortable culprit – sexism in economics..." #econ481 theconversation.com/300-000-women-… 2 hours ago
- I find it oddly appropriate that the Neil Young and Greg Allman album reviews are in the obituary section of the Calgary Herald. 4 days ago
- I'm a university professor, an economist, & father of a child with special needs. I'm calling Trump a white suprema… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- 1,653 hits