As a parent of someone with special needs, I always have some trouble with the use of the word retard or retarded, regardless of the context. My friends know this and avoid use of the word.
The Special Olympics has launched a campaign to eliminate the use of the word. I encourage everyone to pledge on their website: R-word.org.
- @swollschleger There certainly not incompatible, but in a post modern world that may no longer be a sufficient condition for compatibility 4 days ago
- Max Headroom seems to have aged well. https://t.co/QuSxI5aCit 6 days ago
- From our oh-so-incredibly talented daughter. instagram.com/p/Bbf3N5Pjkjf/ 1 week ago
- Tonight: sounds, noise, and even some music!!! Colin Fisher, Darcy Spidle + ad hoc 4tet at @EMMEDIA facebook.com/events/4998975… 1 week ago
- RT @guardian: Bob Geldof renounces honour also held by Aung San Suu Kyi trib.al/T4mHG4y 1 week ago
- 1,667 hits